Wings of Love Bird Haven, Inc. is a rescue for any parrot in need of shelter, whether they outlive their human, are unwanted, abandoned, neglected, abused, and/or injured. It is of utmost importance that the best interest of each bird is considered at all times. These birds each have a story- a history- a life that is unique. Each and every decision that is made is made with the best interest of the bird in mind. There are many different reasons that birds are surrendered to the Haven. Here are just a few of them:
- They are too loud
- They are too destructive
- They are too messy
- They bite
- They are plucking their feathers
- I don't have enough time
- I'm having a baby
- I lost my job
- The bird was given as a gift- not really wanted
- doesn't like all household members
- It is too expensive
- death of a family member
- and many more
Please remember that companion birds can be very expensive to take care of properly. They live a very long time; anywhere from 20-100 + years. Please consider these things when you are considering adopting a parrot. Adopting a bird is not to be thought of as an easier and cheaper way to acquire a pet parrot. Whether purchasing retail or adopting, caring for a pet parrot is a huge responsibility and expense. The very best adoption results are with those families who are willing to visit the parrot at our facility several times over a few months before adoption. This begins a relationship with your parrot that smooths the way to a seamless adoption. It is less stressful for both the parrot, and the human(s.)
*Just remember: Our main concern is for the health and well-being of our parrots. All adoption decisions are made with this in mind.
A few things to be aware of:
1. We do not place birds with smokers in the home. This includes cigarettes, cigars, e-cigs and vaping.
2. We DO NOT SHIP BIRDS.
3. We only place birds with people whom we have met in person.
4. We do not place birds in breeding or resale situations.
5. If you adopt from us, you will sign a legally enforceable contract; you can read it here. ADOPTION CONTRACT (2019)
6. We do not place birds with minors, or with those adopting a bird for their minor children.
7. We may conduct a background check. This is to insure the safety of our beloved parrots. It is important to us they are placed in a safe, loving home.
- Adoption Process
1. Send parrot adoption application including the $10.00 application fee. This application fee is non-refundable. Please be sure to read all of the processes to make sure you qualify prior to applying, and understand and agree that if for any reason you are denied the adoption the $10.00 fee is going to be used to help the birds in our care. There are 3 ways you can pay for the application fee:
A. Send the application and the check, money order, or cashier's check to Bird Haven 1850 Newton Rd. Ferris, TX 75125
B. Email the application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know you are mailing in the adoption fee or sending it via PayPal. You can PayPal us by using the email Funds@bird-haven.org.
C. FAX the application to us at (469) 694-8410. Again- note on the application how you have paid the adoption fee.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. PLEASE DO NOT DELIVER THE APPLICATION/FEE IN PERSON.