We are a group of dedicated workers/volunteers- people just like you who love and care for the birds at our Haven. We are always looking for volunteers to lend a helping hand. We ask that a volunteer first come and join us on one of our monthly workdays. (View events) Once you have come and met us we can better decide where you would best fit in our volunteer efforts. Come join us. All volunteers are asked to fill out and sign a Visitation_Liability_Release_Form before volunteering. You must have your drivers' license number to put onto our Release Form. If you are a minor your parent or guardian MUST accompany you the first day to sign the release form. This is a MUST. No other adult that is not the child's guardian can sign the release form instead of the parrent.
Thank you for considering how you can help.
- Pet Fairs/Events
- training (must be experienced)
- Administrative needs
- Conduct Phone Interviews
- Home checks in various areas
- Occasional transportation
- Making birdie bread (in your home)
- Making our chop recipe (in your home)
- and more
For Our Younger Volunteers
- Our onsite volunteers must be at least 12 years or older. This will hopefully change once we make a move to our new property, however, while 8-12 might be able to volunteer in other areas of our property, anyone under the age of 12 still will not be allowed to volunteer inside the aviary.
- Volunteers 12-15 must have a parent or guardian onsite with you.
- Students, 16-17 must have a parent or guardian sign our liability form prior to volunteering.
- For those students under the age of 12, there are a few off-site opportunities you can participate in as well. Please send us an email to ask about them. Info@bird-haven.org
Interested in Volunteering? We are always in need of volunteers to help. Please provide the following and we will get back to you.